- Have the first of three purge days to reduce files and cupboard contents.
- Schedule a pick up for archive storage boxes.
- Review all vendor schedules at both buildings and resolve delivery / removal conflicts.
- Contact insurance companies and schedule in a transfer of coverage.
- Contact service providers, clients and other vendors about change of address.
- Check with building management of potential issues with lifts and security. Get after hour contacts and find out response times in case of problems. Look into having a lift engineer onsite during move hours.
- Schedule cleaning for new and old office space for after the move.
- Plan on whom and how your company will deal with post move issues regarding data, computers, phone, furniture and moving. Set up a temporary help desk to cover these issues.
Two weeks prior to move
- Have the second of three purge days.
- Identify any employees who may require extra help when moving their work files .
- Review and re communicate to employee packing and labelling requirements
- Confirm relocation schedule with all vendors
- Receive first delivery of packing crates , labels from moving company.
One week before move
- Begin to pack non-critical areas.
- Label all furniture packed crates and IT equipment.
- Final crate delivery from moving company if required.
- Start snag list for construction contractor and new furniture supplier.
One or Two days before move
- Schedule inspection and note existing building damage with mover supervisor.
- Complete all packing and perform pre-moves with all relevant staff
- Complete punch list for construction and furniture vendor.
- Have new office floor plans available to be viewed by moving company, for use by the movers, data / IT and phone company if not in place already.
- During the final packing emphasize the purge campaign (third of three). Do not bring your old and out dated business files to the new office.
- Make sure everything has been properly labelled VERY IMPORTANT
- Make sure all sensitive data has been backed up.
- Prepare all computers, copiers, and other electronic equipment for moving.
- Turn the relocation over to the movers and stay out of the way. During the move the employee should go home taking any personal belongings with them.
- Near the end of the move do a final walk through with move supervisor to make sure everything has been taken. In the new building do a walk through to make sure everything was placed where you planned.
- Set up help desk.
After the move
- Remove moving boxes and complete unpacking.
- Resolve issues as reported to help desk.
- Perform training for phone, security and new office procedures.
- Make decisions about artwork and plant placement.
- If you moved in under a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy you need to schedule final inspections to get the full CO. Complete all construction and furniture snag list items.
CMR Relocation Ltd will help your company organize your next office move, by planning your move to suit your business needs. We will put a move time frame together to help you understand what is involved and what will be happening over the scheduled move days.We will help plan which departments are a priority, ensuring they are moved with minimum fuss.
The old adage is YOU CAN NEVER PLAN TO EARLY FOR AN OFFICE MOVE.
Why not call CMR Relocation Ltd for an initial chat, we will help plan your office relocation
Call 0161 478 3639, and ask for Darrin or Emma and we will put you on the path to a seamless office move.